Sunday, August 16, 2009

Songwriters


So I just go on and on about the music. Really, it permeates everything having to do with 1972. Here are two wonderful, witty and wry dudes that touched my soul. I still listen to these songs and think Glory to the Day by Jesse Winchester might be one of my top ten essential singer-songwriter-y songs. Jesse was off in Canada because of the war, and Jackson Browne was just arriving on the scene. If you will indulge me here, I will later submit a blog to the lady songwriters whom I must salute and thank for inspiring me to write songs. And I will come back to Jesse Colin Young. But first accolades to these princes...






Thank you both for sharing the love!

1 comment:

  1. Love Jackson Browne. One of my favorite lyrics is "Gonna be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender." It was how I felt being in the Air Force during my "wanna be a hippie" period of the late 60s and early 70s. Just saw Jackson Browne July 22nd at Wolf Trap. Last time I had seen him was at a concert in 1978 or 79. It was at Merriwweather Post Pavilian.

    ReplyDelete